Sunday, 9 October 2011

Pink Princess

Charlotte Free, isn't she just lovely? There is something wonderful about being young and getting away with having pink hair. Of course Vivienne Westwood and Zandra Rhodes champion eccentricity for those over 40 but there is no doubt that trying to resemble candy floss at nineteen is slightly less frowned upon. 
 
I want this look, I want that hair. Only one thing to be done then. Over the next few weeks I am going to attempt to bleach my hair repeatedly, without it snapping off, deep condition it until it doesn't look like straw and then colour it pink. Lots of attractive photos of my progress will of course be taken so you can laugh and learn that people with black hair should admit defeat when it comes to going mad with a bleach bottle. 

Thankfully I have lovely friends from my halls willing to help out. Once we have successfully butchered my hair, that I have so lovingly been trying to grow, this Wednesday I have an appointment at ColourNation on Oxford Street to save it and hopefully make it pink. It's a disaster waiting to happen but it is one of those things that you have to do and get out the way. If I don't do it now then when I'm in my mid thirties there is a very good chance I'll have a small crisis and try it then. It was much to my mum's horror when I pitched the idea to her. After a little gentle nudge in the right direction she saw the light and has now even generously donated to the cause. You know you have a top mum when she pops some extra dolla in your account to colour you hair. I have my fingers crossed that her investment into my happiness is a success and that I don't end up with any bald patches.

I even have two friends that have said I can dip dye their hair, purely to see how easy it is for brunettes to achieve pink tones. I find this quite amazing as one of them saw what happened last time I bleached mine, it was a nightmare. Do not try and do it on a budget, spend some money and reap the benefits of a hairdresser who knows what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment